the Jupital newspaper seeks creative Youth Generation Journalists and Sub-Editors to revolutionise everyday mainstream news with their unique writing talent.
the Jupital’s Vision
the Jupital is a UK based newspaper which is completely written by gifted and creative youths for youths between the ages of 6 to 19 years which reports the opportunities in adversity It is dedicated to unearthing and reporting insightful, innovative and thought-provoking constructive fresh perspectives, whilst maintaining a high level of journalistic standards. The vision is to challenge the way readers think about the mainstream news they read by offering them fresh productive perspectives. With these perceptions, the Jupital aims to educate reader’s mind there may be more productive ways of absorbing the news. the Jupital aims to deliver the balanced and unbiased news. The journalists are more than only young writers; they become young teachers to society via their words.
Some of the Jupital’s values are quality reporting and youth perceptions, a balanced and unbiased reporting. Insightful, innovative and thought-provoking perspectives, along with being constructive and offering a different view in order to shift perceptions in news.
the Jupital aspires to leave readers feeling confident and uplifted with a different mind set by the news they have read which is written by the young journalists which write for the Jupital. the Jupital fills a vital gap in the market by delivering productive, innovative, insightful and edgy news and articles which effectively offer an alternative to the sensationalistic tabloids which may have become a staple in life.
the Jupital’s readers are intelligent, diverse, positive and productive youth generation Londoners and worldwide who are online-savvy however hungry for a palpable connection to the community which takes ‘legacy media’ into the realm of the contemporary and relevant.
We are seeking youth generation journalists who are determined to deliver fair, honest, balanced and unbiased reporting. You need to be more than only writer at the Jupital, however a teacher to society via your words. We need you to aspire to leave our reader feeling confident and with a productive mindset by the news they have read with the Jupital.
Application procedures for Contributing Journalists
- You need to be able to challenge your mindset and have the drive to report in a fresh perspective about daily situations, which are occurring in the world. Possess the ability to deliver innovative and insightful articles, on subjects which are presently taking place in London and worldwide.
- You are able to work from home, however, you must be located and living in the UK.
- A minimum of two articles for submission is required per week with an open option of submitting more articles. the Jupital publishes on Wednesdays. You need to be available from 9:00am until 12noon upon the agreed day. Along on Monday from 9am – 10am for initial submissions.
- There is a internship /trial period to begin with ,however, it may lead to a solid position with the Jupital with a payment structure in place.
- Employment with the Jupital is on a self-employed basis and the journalist is responsible for taxes and NI.
- The use and understanding of proper English is important, thus required. the Jupital writes in UK English.
- The starting date is now. To apply for the position, send your CV along with which section of the newspaper you are keen to write for ( please narrow it down to ONE) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Be courageous and write in a way which wakes you up.”
Application procedures for Contributing Sub-Editors
- As a sub-editor of the Jupital, you need to embrace the overall editorial process. This entails sub-editing, re-writing, checking and proofing copy, layout, and production. You need to be self-directed and a team player, with the ability to work to strict deadlines. It is important you have a clear understanding of the difference between positive and unproductive words in articles. A need for excellent English grammar and spelling, excellent attention to detail, excellent IT skills and research skills are required for this position.
- You are able to work from home. the Jupital publishes Wednesday and needs to be available from 9:00am until 12noon on this day.
- There is a trial period to begin with ,however, it may lead to a solid position with the Jupital with a payment structure in place.
- Employment with the Jupital is on a self-employed basis and the Contributing Sub-Editor is responsible for taxes and NI.
- You must be located and living in the UK.
- Proper English is important.
- The starting date is now. To apply for the position, please send your CV along with any examples of sub-editing work to: email@example.com